geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trunk runtime error GBeanInstanceState- deserializing GBeanState
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:39:06 GMT
Anita,

Anyone who builds geronimo from scratch is likely to into into
problem. We can't really tell people they can't use the jars they
build themselves on their boxes and have to use the published SNAPSHOT
jars. So i think we need to fix it. Just imagine that you are trying
to fix a bug in Geronimo kernel for shipping to your customer, but the
code does not have a serial version uid and the compiled jar is hence
unusable...not a pretty picture. I don't think we have to "worry"
about compatibility especially as right now if 2 jars built from same
svn revision by 2 different people on different JDK's/JDK versions on
different boxes, you can't mix the jars. So there is no
"compatibility" right now :(

Anyway my specific problem was because of lack of the UID in
GBeanOperation and i checked in a patch for it (487759).

thanks,
dims