geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (GERONIMO-2575) Starting Geronimo using Java 1.5 fails - Issue with xmlParserAPIs
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:06:38 GMT
done.

--jason


On Dec 6, 2006, at 3:02 PM, Jay D. McHugh (JIRA) wrote:

>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2575? 
> page=comments#action_12456249 ]
>
> Jay D. McHugh commented on GERONIMO-2575:
> -----------------------------------------
>
> Someone please close this JIRA.
>
> It is no longer true - The server will now start with Java 1.5  
> without doing anything special.
>
>> Starting Geronimo using Java 1.5 fails - Issue with xmlParserAPIs
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>                 Key: GERONIMO-2575
>>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ 
>> GERONIMO-2575
>>             Project: Geronimo
>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>      Security Level: public(Regular issues)
>>          Components: startup/shutdown
>>    Affects Versions: 1.2
>>         Environment: Sun Java 1.5
>> Starting the server using the startup scripts
>>            Reporter: Jay D. McHugh
>>
>> Starting the server using the scripts with Java 1.5 fails
>> Here is the log:
>> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /opt/geronimo
>> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /opt/geronimo
>> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: /opt/geronimo/var/temp
>> Using JRE_HOME:        /opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre
>> Using GERONIMO_OUT:    /opt/geronimo/var/log/geronimo.out
>> Geronimo started in background. PID: 5689
>> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_06)...
>> 21:40:50,620 INFO  [root]  
>> ----------------------------------------------
>> 21:40:50,641 INFO  [root] Started Logging Service
>> 21:40:50,641 INFO  [root] Runtime Information:
>> 21:40:50,641 INFO  [root]   Install Directory = /opt/geronimo- 
>> tomcat-j2ee-1.2-SNAPSHOT
>> 21:40:50,642 INFO  [root]   JVM in use = Sun Microsystems Inc.  
>> Java 1.5.0_06
>> 21:40:50,642 INFO  [root] Java Information:
>> 21:40:50,642 INFO  [root]   System property [java.runtime.name]  =  
>> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
>> 21:40:50,643 INFO  [root]   System property  
>> [java.runtime.version]  = 1.5.0_06-b05
>> 21:40:50,643 INFO  [root]   System property [os.name]              
>> = Linux
>> 21:40:50,643 INFO  [root]   System property [os.version]           
>> = 2.6.15.1
>> 21:40:50,644 INFO  [root]   System property [sun.os.patch.level]   
>> = unknown
>> 21:40:50,644 INFO  [root]   System property [os.arch]              
>> = i386
>> 21:40:50,644 INFO  [root]   System property [java.class.version]   
>> = 49.0
>> 21:40:50,644 INFO  [root]   System property [locale]               
>> = en_US
>> 21:40:50,645 INFO  [root]   System property [unicode.encoding]     
>> = UnicodeLittle
>> 21:40:50,645 INFO  [root]   System property [file.encoding]        
>> = ANSI_X3.4-1968
>> 21:40:50,645 INFO  [root]   System property [java.vm.name]         
>> = Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
>> 21:40:50,646 INFO  [root]   System property [java.vm.vendor]       
>> = Sun Microsystems Inc.
>> 21:40:50,646 INFO  [root]   System property [java.vm.version]      
>> = 1.5.0_06-b05
>> 21:40:50,646 INFO  [root]   System property [java.vm.info]         
>> = mixed mode
>> 21:40:50,647 INFO  [root]   System property [java.home]            
>> = /opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre
>> 21:40:50,647 INFO  [root]   System property [java.classpath]       
>> = null
>> 21:40:50,647 INFO  [root]   System property [java.library.path]    
>> = /opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/i386/client:/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/ 
>> i386:/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/../lib/i386
>> 21:40:50,647 INFO  [root]   System property [java.endorsed.dirs]   
>> = /opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/endorsed:/opt/geronimo/lib/endorsed
>> 21:40:50,648 INFO  [root]   System property [java.ext.dirs]        
>> = /opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/ext:/opt/geronimo/lib/ext
>> 21:40:50,648 INFO  [root]   System property [sun.boot.class.path]  
>> = /opt/geronimo/lib/endorsed/yoko-spec-corba-1.0-incubating-M1- 
>> SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/geronimo/lib/endorsed/xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar:/opt/ 
>> geronimo/lib/endorsed/yoko-rmi-1.0-incubating-M1-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/ 
>> geronimo/lib/endorsed/xmlParserAPIs-2.6.2.jar:/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/ 
>> lib/rt.jar:/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/i18n.jar:/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/ 
>> lib/sunrsasign.jar:/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/opt/ 
>> jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/jce.jar:/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/ 
>> opt/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/classes
>> 21:40:50,648 INFO  [root]  
>> ----------------------------------------------
>> Module  1/23 org.apache.geronimo.configs/rmi-naming/1.2-SNAPSHOT/ 
>> car                 started in  1.187s
>> Module  2/23 org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/1.2-SNAPSHOT/ 
>> car                started in   .540s
>> Module  3/23 org.apache.geronimo.configs/transaction/1.2-SNAPSHOT/ 
>> car                started in  1.066s
>> Module  4/23 org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-security/1.2- 
>> SNAPSHOT/car              started in  1.904s
>> Module  5/23 org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis/1.2-SNAPSHOT/ 
>> car                       started in   .309s
>> Module  6/23 org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/1.2-SNAPSHOT/ 
>> car                   Exception in thread "Timer-0"  
>> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider  
>> org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
>>         at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance 
>> (Unknown Source)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.XmlUtil.newTransformerFactory 
>> (XmlUtil.java:95)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.XmlUtil.newTransformerFactory 
>> (XmlUtil.java:79)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.saveXm 
>> lToFile(LocalAttributeManager.java:495)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.save 
>> (LocalAttributeManager.java:460)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager 
>> $2.run(LocalAttributeManager.java:668)
>>         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>>         at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
>> Server Startup failed
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of  
>> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car failed
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon 
>> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:544)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon 
>> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:508)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$ 
>> $FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke 
>> (FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke 
>> (GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke 
>> (GBeanInstance.java:820)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke 
>> (RawInvoker.java:57)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke 
>> (RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept 
>> (ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:97)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$ 
>> $EnhancerByCGLIB$$e72279e5.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup 
>> (Daemon.java:287)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init> 
>> (Daemon.java:75)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java: 
>> 367)
>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
>>         at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:354)
>>         at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:170)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.attrib 
>> uteChanged(LocalAttributeManager.java:674)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.startC 
>> onfiguration(LocalAttributeManager.java:555)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager$ 
>> $FastClassByCGLIB$$b20ef545.invoke(<generated>)
>>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke 
>> (FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke 
>> (GBeanOperation.java:122)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke 
>> (GBeanInstance.java:820)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke 
>> (RawInvoker.java:57)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke 
>> (RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept 
>> (ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:97)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.PersistentConfigurationList$ 
>> $EnhancerByCGLIB$$8a77dfb8.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start 
>> (KernelConfigurationManager.java:191)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon 
>> figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)
>>         ... 13 more
>> 21:41:07,133 ERROR [GBeanInstance] Problem in doStop of  
>> org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car? 
>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/ 
>> car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager
>> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider  
>> org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
>>         at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance 
>> (Unknown Source)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.XmlUtil.newTransformerFactory 
>> (XmlUtil.java:95)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.XmlUtil.newTransformerFactory 
>> (XmlUtil.java:79)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.saveXm 
>> lToFile(LocalAttributeManager.java:495)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.save 
>> (LocalAttributeManager.java:460)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.doStop 
>> (LocalAttributeManager.java:624)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.destroyInstance 
>> (GBeanInstance.java:1146)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStop( 
>> GBeanInstanceState.java:337)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.stop 
>> (GBeanInstanceState.java:188)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.stop 
>> (GBeanInstance.java:551)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.stopGBean 
>> (BasicKernel.java:423)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.stop 
>> (GBeanInstanceState.java:180)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.stop 
>> (GBeanInstance.java:551)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.stopGBean 
>> (BasicKernel.java:423)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.stop 
>> (GBeanInstanceState.java:180)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.stop 
>> (GBeanInstance.java:551)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.stopGBean 
>> (BasicKernel.java:423)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager 
>> $ShutdownHook.run(KernelConfigurationManager.java:310)
>>         at  
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.notifyShutdownHooks 
>> (BasicKernel.java:668)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.shutdown 
>> (BasicKernel.java:645)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup 
>> (Daemon.java:297)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init> 
>> (Daemon.java:75)
>>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java: 
>> 367)
>> Server shutdown begun
>> Server shutdown completed
>> If you remove/rename the ./lib/endorsed/xmlParserAPIs-2.6.2.jar  
>> file, the server is able to start.
>> There is an issue discussed at http://forum.java.sun.com/ 
>> thread.jspa?tstart=30&forumID=34&threadID=542044&trange=15 that  
>> seems to relate to this issue.
>
> -- 
> This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
> -
> If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the  
> administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ 
> Administrators.jspa
> -
> For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/ 
> software/jira
>
>


Mime
View raw message