geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trunk runtime error GBeanInstanceState- deserializing GBeanState
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:50:23 GMT
Dims, Joe, and Prasad
    I wish I had seen this coming.. The compatibility of GBeanInfo was
broken for 4 days (Dec 10th - Dec 14), while we discussed whether we
should maintain this compatibility. In a perfect world it would not
have mattered.. But sometimes Maven does not use locally built
SNAPSHOTs in online build mode (some of the reasons for this are
known). Once the SNAPSHOTs published during this time, are overwritten,
this problem should go way. At least that is my thinking... Please
correct me if I am on wrong track.

Thanks
Anita

--- Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Prasad,
>
> I'm hitting this particular problem in trunk (but I have hit similar
> problems in 2.0-M1).  I actually was trying to recreate the problem
> today in both trunk and 2.0-M1 ... after 4 builds on 2.0-M1 I didn't
> hit
> the problem but I hit it with the first attempt on trunk.   As I
> mentioned, the second build attempt corrected the problem.
>
> Joe
>

> Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> > I was able to build G successfully on a RedHat machine.
> >
> > I started with a completely clean repo (rm -rf .m2/repository).
> >
> > I did an 'svn up' of my 2.0-M1 directory. I had done a fresh
> checkout
> > of these files last night.
> >
> > The entire tree built successfully with a -Dmaven.test.skip=true.
> >
> > I verified that both jetty and tomcat binaries run fine.
> >
> > I used the console to successfully deploy jsp-examples app on both
> > binaries.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Prasad
> >
> > On 12/15/06, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >> This might be the sporadic problem after all.  I just rebuilt
> again
> >> without any changes (still rev 487523) and the problem doesn't
> exist
> >> with the new images.
> >>
> >> Here's what I did this time:
> >> - mvn clean
> >> - from my local repo remove o/a/g/modules, configs, assemblies,
> and
> >> applications rather than removing the entire local repo.
> >> - mvn -Dstage=bootstrap
> >>    - still failed in the geronimo-jetty6 SecurityTest (yes, I know
> >> should have skipped the tests but I wanted to see if the
> failure/restart
> >> was in any way related to the failures)
> >> - mvn -Dstage=bootstrap -Dmaven.test.skip=true
> -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
> >> - mvn -Dstage=assemble -Dmaven.test.skip=true
> -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
> >>
> >> Joe

> same
> different and
> today.

> problem
> >> that

> SecurityTest
> -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
> -Dmaven.itest.skip=true

> error
> the

> that

> GBean is

OT/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car"

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.loadGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:120)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.getGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:65)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationData.getGBeans(ConfigurationData.java:171)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:279)

> Method)

> >> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:936)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:529)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startGBean(BasicKernel.java:361)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConfiguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:150)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConfiguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:126)

=== message truncated ===