geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: Release 1.2-beta?
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:43:44 GMT
On Nov 30, 2006, at 5:59 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> Yesterday, I started working my way through the LICENSE and NOTICE  
> files to bring them up to snuff. It's a slow process. I've finished  
> lib and lib/endorsed. Starting on repository, now... Hope to be  
> done today.
> Since we're embedding incubator projects, I think we should add a  
> Disclaimer file which explains our inclusion of incubator projects.  
> I plan on doing this. Will probably run this by incubator@...
> We're currently dependent on a number of incubator snapshots  
> (openejb, openjpa, activemq, yoko). Since the incubator release  
> process can be nearly as slow as ours ;-), we should look at ways  
> of prepping their projects for release. I scanned openejb a while  
> back (at David B's suggestion), but haven't looked at the fixes,  
> yet. Yoko has been trying to release an M1 (we're using M2- 
> SNAPSHOT) since early October. I have some minor issues with Yoko's  
> handling of LICENSE files which I hope to get them to address...
> We have a number of files which contain non-ASF copyright  
> statements (I think I have a list of files in the Jira that I  
> raised). It's not mandatory, but would be nice to get these moved  
> out of the source files and into our NOTICE file. However, this  
> requires action (or consent) by the copyright holder. I think I can  
> probably take care of the IBM copyrights. There are other copyright  
> holders, however. If someone could try to contact the copyright  
> holder(s) that would be great.

I decided to take the end of the week and weekend off from releasing  
to get some actual coding done :)  so I lost track of this.  How is  
it coming?


View raw message