geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Release geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 15:54:47 GMT

On Dec 30, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> David is out of town but I think I can answer.... The previous
> release was only a milestone.  These are final 1.0 jars that have
> been verified using the JEE 5 signature tests.  If you want to know
> what has changed just run svn diff:

Right, but I didn't ask a question. I stated that we ought to be
identifying this information in the vote (or a previous discussion
thread). All it takes is -- "Testing of the EJB3 spec has identified
signature problems in the existing 1.0-M1 release of the spec. I've
fixed these problems and updated the version numbers of the specs
that EJB3 is dependent on. I propose we release a final 1.0 version
of EJB3." This way all voters (and non-voters) understand.

For the record -- I'm +1 for a release. Due to the finger check in
the original vote, I'd suggest that a new vote be called, but admit
that may be going a bit overboard...

--kevan