geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testsuite ready for action !
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:19:11 GMT
I don't know a whole lot of pros and cons of TestNG since I began
using it recently myself.

JUnit 3.8 didn't have a per-suite-once execution like TestNG
(@BeforeSuite and @AfterSuite) did. So we began using it.

JUnit 4.0 now does (@BeforeClass and @AfterClass) but yet it is highly
restrictive. The @BeforeClass has to be a public void static method
with no arguments. In our console-testsuite scenario, that wasn't of
much help to me.

I was told that there are other such nifty features but I'll let
someone more knowledgeable answer that.

Cheers
Prasad.