geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven feedback ?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:36:12 GMT
Hi Marnie,

I have this love-hate relationship with Maven.

Moving up from ANT, I find Maven loaded with a lot of nice features.
There seems to be a plugin for almost everything. It truly does handle
the complete lifecycle of a project. It has a very supportive and
vibrant community that respond to your queries very quickly (unlike
ANT).

OTOH, it has it's bugs and issues (which do get looked into). It's
guides/mini-guides/docu does not cover the entire project. But most of
the existing ones do a good job. The rest don't go in-depth.

In all, Maven has taken me through the entire gamut of Yahoo emoticons !

Cheers
Prasad