geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing the custom packaging "integration-test"
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 02:14:49 GMT
Hmmm..

The surefire-report-plugin executes only in the "test" phase. Since we
are skipping it in our custom packaging, it never gets exeucted. So
any other packaging we do will have the same problem unless we
introduce the 'test' phase.

Now, I did hardcode the surefire-report to some other phase. It
executes fine and generates the surefire-report.html but that html is
not integrated with the other reports after a 'mvn site' is run.

Now if we go back to the 'jar' packaging, we can configure the
surefire-plugin as described above just once in the top level pom.xml
(geronimo/testsuite/pom.xml). I don't see how we will have any more
xml in our poms than the # of lines we have for the custom packaging
definition in the components.xml. BTW, cargo too is doing the same
thing for their integration-test.

If you insist that we keep the packaging, then I propose that we
introduce a 'test' phase in it during which the surefire-report will
execute during the 'mvn site' goal. If we did that, we'd still have to
configure the surefire-plugin to skip the tests during the 'test'
phase. It kinda defeats the very purpose of creating the custom
packaging (removing test phase) but we get to keep it and still
generate the surefire-reports.

Cheers
Prasad