geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Are these errors due to changes in genesis logging ?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:04:03 GMT
components.xml with a new lifecycle for "site"
http://people.apache.org/~prasad/components.xml

When I used to run the 'mvn -e -X site' command on the test-deployment
pom (packaging integration-test), it used to fail with the following
exception

[DEBUG] Error looking up lifecycle mapping to retrieve optional mojos.
Lifecycle ID: site. Error: Component descriptor cannot be found in the
component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingintegration-test.
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingintegration-test.

Seems like the plugin extensions of the tools-plugin isn't being
recognised for "site".

Then I added the build extension in the test-deployment pom and the
above exception disappeared !

Today, I have begun to get the following stacktrace for the same pom -

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.
(Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.))
	at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
	at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.logging.Logging.reset(Logging.java:53)
	at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:142)

This exception goes away if I remove the build extension.

Did something change in genesis logging recently ? Are there any
changes I should make to fix this ?

PS. I deleted the o.a.g tree in local repo, did a svn update and then
a 'mvn clean install' top down.

Cheers
Prasad