geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <>
Subject Re: Java EE 5.0
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:34:39 GMT
There is no real difference between a plugin and a car.
So if Geronimo can be built using cars, it surely can be built
using plugins.  You just need to define the needed dependencies
between the cars.  One problem will come from the console, which
is not pluggable yet, but the portlets could be slightly enhanced
to display nicely if a needed car (gbeans) is not available.

On 11/6/06, Jacek Laskowski <> wrote:
> On 11/6/06, David Jencks <> wrote:
> > I would much prefer that we develop each jee5 feature as a plugin and
> > put each one -- modules and configs -- into a plugin in a  (new)
> > plugins area.  Then we can move each current trunk feature into the
> > plugins area one by one and actually get an improved organization.
> > We could base assembly on the micro-g or have a separate jee5
> > assembly area.
> Is the plugin feature strong enough to let us build one plugin for
> each jee5 feature? Can we divide jee on such small parts that can be
> represented as plugins? Won't there be any overlapping features that
> won't be able to be build as plugins?
> Jacek
> --
> Jacek Laskowski