geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject geronimo-online-deploy configuration classpath missing server.jar... offline deployer broken
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:15:36 GMT
I'm trying to get the offline deployer back working in trunk, the
problem is when starting the kernel with the using j2ee-system as the
bootstrap configuration, when locating "META-INF"/config.ser"
resources only deployer.jar is located having this resource and thus
the j2ee-system config cannot be found and the bootstrap fails.  When
debugging through 1.1.1, both server.jar and deployer.jar were found.

So comparing the online-deployer configuration in trunk against
1.1.1, the culprit seems to be that server.jar is missing in the
configuration's manifest as a classpath entry.  This was specified in
the project.properties in 1.1.1.  Since it looks as if in trunk we
are relying purely on the car-maven-plugin to build the manifest's
classpath, since server.jar is not technically an artifact, if failed
to add as an entry.

Is there a way I don't know about to add this? Or do we need to
update the car-maven-plugin to allow it?

thx

-sachin