geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo Performance Report - Input Requested
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:05:42 GMT
All,

A couple people have pinged me about a mis-statement on page 8 about
the equipment being loaned to the ASF.  That statement is incorrect.
The equipment was loaned to me to do performance work on Apache
Geronimo.  It is not on loan to the ASF and I will correct that
statement.  Thanks for those of you who were discreet in letting me
know about that faus paux.

Given the confusion about the Azul certification I want to make sure
things are correct.  I have updated my copy to remove the statement
altogether as what I intended to communicate was that I did this work
on my own and these are my opinions; your mileage may vary.

Thanks for catching this guys.

On Nov 4, 2006, at 12:17 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> All,
>
> I've been spending some quality time with Geronimo over the past
> couple of weeks gathering some performance data for 1.1.1.
>
> I've posted a PDF that I'd like your input on in terms of content,
> questions, etc.  I'd like to wrap this up quickly as I'd like to
> help with 1.2 so your prompt reply is appreciated.  This is a rough
> draft so there are spelling errors and such so your keen eye is
> welcome.  I have some additional work to do this weekend to
> validate my comparison metric.  Also, I need a better name than HPG
> (Hogstrom Performance Goal).
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/Geronimo-1.1.1-Performance-
> Report.pdf