geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimo-online-deploy configuration classpath missing server.jar... offline deployer broken
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 00:58:46 GMT
So after being able to bootstrap the j2ee-system configuration, we
are running into a NoClassDef exception on XMLObject when attempting
to start the gbean-deployer configuration.

Comparing the gbean-deployer config to 1.1.1, it looks like a
GBeanBuilder bean was introduced in the plan, and this happens to be
the gbean that fails to load and causes the exception.  The Deployer
and ServiceConfigBuilder gbeans prior to it seem to load successfully
(which is strange since ServiceConfigBuilder imports XMLObject as
well).  So on GBeanBuilder when attempting to construct the
GBeanInstance and the GBeanAttribute for GBeanInfo

         for (Iterator iterator = gbeanInfo.getAttributes().iterator
(); iterator.hasNext();) {
             GAttributeInfo attributeInfo = (GAttributeInfo)
iterator.next();
             attributesMap.put(attributeInfo.getName(), new
GBeanAttribute(this, attributeInfo, constructorArgs.contains
(attributeInfo.getName())));
         }

The exception is thrown on line 249 in the constructor of GBeanAttribute

getInvoker = new FastMethodInvoker(getterMethod);

But I seem to be at a dead end here.  :(

Any ideas why this is failing?

On Nov 1, 2006, at 7:04 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I came up with a proposed solution and put it in GERONIMO-2539.  I
> think I'm about to need this facility also :-)
>
> Take a look, see if it can be improved, see if it works :-)
>
> jdillon, does this look OK to you?
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Nov 1, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get the offline deployer back working in trunk, the
>> problem is when starting the kernel with the using j2ee-system as
>> the bootstrap configuration, when locating "META-INF"/config.ser"
>> resources only deployer.jar is located having this resource and
>> thus the j2ee-system config cannot be found and the bootstrap
>> fails.  When debugging through 1.1.1, both server.jar and
>> deployer.jar were found.
>>
>> So comparing the online-deployer configuration in trunk against
>> 1.1.1, the culprit seems to be that server.jar is missing in the
>> configuration's manifest as a classpath entry.  This was specified
>> in the project.properties in 1.1.1.  Since it looks as if in trunk
>> we are relying purely on the car-maven-plugin to build the
>> manifest's classpath, since server.jar is not technically an
>> artifact, if failed to add as an entry.
>>
>> Is there a way I don't know about to add this? Or do we need to
>> update the car-maven-plugin to allow it?
>>
>> thx
>>
>> -sachin

-sachin