geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deployer offline mode on 1.2 branch?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:15:32 GMT
I was supposed to do this, but since this was a hack, was going to
take a look one more time to see why this was occurring but never got
around to it.  If you want, take a look at my earlier thread on the
offline deployer to see where my debugging last got me.  Another pair
of eyes would help.

I remember the previous gbean started ok in the same configuration
which also required xmlbeans, but the second gbean failed with the
exception which I couldn't figure out the underlying cause.

On Nov 22, 2006, at 12:23 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2006, at 9:07 AM, toby cabot wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I'd like to use the 1.2 deployer's offline mode (and hopefully the
>> distribute command) but it's not working out-of-the-box at the
>> moment.
>> Is it supposed to, or is it a non-feature?  I could get it to work by
>> running it like so:
>>
>> $ java -Djava.ext.dirs=/tmp/g/repository/stax/stax-api/1.0:/tmp/g/
>> repository/xmlbeans/xbean/2.0.0 -jar /tmp/g/bin/deployer.jar --
>> offline list-modules
>>
>> ... otherwise it can't find org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlObject and
>> javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamException.  If this is supposed to work
>> then
>> I'd imagine that we'd want to add these jars to the deployer's jar
>> manifest classpath.  I can take a look at doing this if someone could
>> point me to the part of the build process that jars deployer.jar.
>
> I'm not surprised that it doesn't work but I am very surprised your
> fix worked :-)
>
> I thought the problem would be that the files var/config/offline-
> deployer-list didn't have all the new deployer configs we came up
> with in them.
>
> Can you investigate whether the xmlbeans stuff got into the
> classpath through manifest classpath entries in 1.1 which I think
> is the last time offline deployment was tested?
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> Thanks,
>> Toby