geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone build 1.2?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:19:35 GMT

On Nov 26, 2006, at 7:17 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Any more progress on this?

I discovered what I think is a blocker with how we are overloading
the meaning of maven scope and using it to determine geronimo
ImportType.  The maven default scope is compile, but we are mapping
explicitly specified "compile" to   ImportType.CLASSES whereas
unspecified scope goes to ImportType.ALL.  For me, if I build in the
configs dir, maven is filling in the default scope for me, so all the
car dependencies that are supposed to be parents ("ALL") are coming
out CLASSES.  If I build in the subdir for the config, it works OK.

I'm trying to map "provided" to CLASSES and "compile" (specified
explicitly or blank) to "ALL but at the moment it looks like
dependency resolution of "provided" is not transitive ?!?!  I'm
having some trouble figuring out why this is.

If you want  to take a look I can open a jira issue and attach a
patch of where I am so far.

thanks
david jencks