geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <>
Subject Re: Setting domain for tomcat MBeans [was Re: Geronimo jmx question]
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:31:28 GMT

--- Dain Sundstrom <> wrote:

> Please don't put them in the same domain as the rest of the geronimo
> mbeans.  This will cause many TCK tests to fail and may result in
> name collisions.

     There are no name collisions because tomcat MBeans use type=... in
their names whereas Geronimo uses j2eeType=.... The only exception is
kernel. Here are some examples:

     MBeans                  |      Geronimo         |    Tomcat
Host                         |   j2eeType=Host       | type=Host
Valve                        |   j2eeType=TomcatValve| type=Valve
Manager, Realm, Resources....|   j2eeType=GBean
Connector                    |   j2eeType=GBean      | type=Conenctor
WebModule                    | name=...../car        |
Servlet                      |       X               |

        I do not know enough to comment about tck. I have been using
this  modification for more than 2 weeks, and have not come across any
issues so far.

Cheap talk?