geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Testsuite ready for action !
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:33:21 GMT
TestNG is more flexible than JUnit... it does not require that you
extend from a specific base-class for tests, nor does it require that
you name tests starting with test*(), though JUnit 4.0 might have
removed that restriction.

TestNG can also use an xml configuration file to control which tests
are executed, so you can tailor a specific suite of tests easily.
Supports groups, so you can adorn a set of tests as performance, or
integration, then only run tests that are in the same group.

It also supports configuration injection, so you can use a config
file to pass in test specific data to change the behavior of the
tests with out needing to change code, blah, blah.

I did peep at the JUnit 4.0 stuff a while ago, but at the time it
still seemed like TestNG was more powerful and flexible... as well as
portable to older JDKs.

--jason