geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject DAYTRADER: Release Plans - feedback please
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:45:53 GMT
Chris, David, et all,

I'm noodling through DayTrader and where we're driving too.  I'd like
to discuss requirements for upcoming releases and get some agreement
on what's coming.

Currently we have
DayTrader 1.1.1 which is in branches and needs to be released.  It is
basically 1.1 with a stmt cache bug fix included.  We'll also have to
scrub it for the new release guidelines.  Anything I'm missing?  I'll
plan on getting something for a release vote after Thanksgiving.

For branches/1.2 I'd like to solicit JIRAs that need to go here.  I
think this is a J2EE 1.4 release with no real enhancements to the
programming model but with a very cool looking AJAX fron end ...
thanks Chris.  We should probably include the new scripts provided by
Piyush that creates the tables as well.  Anything else?

trunk (2.0) is really an interim release I think that includes the
new JPA support as well as other Java EE 5.0 functionality.  It would
be nice to have something that coincides with the Geronimo 1.2
release to show off the new functionality there and perhaps provide
the basis of another perofrmance comparison.  Perhaps we would then
rev DT to a 5.0 version for full EE 5.0 functionality.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day."