geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Branching 1.2 and Moving to 2.0 - Ready?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:30:55 GMT
What is the branch going to be?  I hope that we will branch trunk into
branches/1.2 and then update trunk to 2.0-SNAPSHOT.

If we use svk to facilitate merges on a timely basis then we should
not get much drift between them.

I heard some suggestion of copying trunk to branches/2.0 and then
eventually replace trunk with branches/2.0 which seems offal
backwards.

I think it may be time to make a branch to allow the JavaEE 5 work to
continue while we finish up 1.2...  I recommend we:

 * svn cp trunk branches/1.2
 * update trunk to 2.0-SNAPSHOT
 * setup svk to facilitate merges from branches/1.2 to trunk

--jason