geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Improve 'Geronimo' Development
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:40:07 GMT
FYI, some of this can be achieved once we re-organize modules, so
that each tree of modules represents related modules that need to be
built together.  Then a set of mvn commands can build parts faster...
for example, if all ActiveMQ related modules were in a top-level
components/activemq module, then one might be able to:

     mvn -f components/activemq/pom.xml
     mvn -f assemblies/pom.xml

If dependencies are organized correctly then, this should update all
activemq related modules for the server.

But to do more optimizations may be much more work, as it requires
fixing all of the maven plugins, and maybe even some of maven to skip
steps when they are deemed up to date.

--jason