geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Branching trunk and creating 1.2
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:51:39 GMT
Hi Vamsi,

I'd like to try something different.  Many of the JIRAs we've moved
from release to release to release.  I'd like to have people look at
the JIRAs and if they are going to work on them then go ahead and
assign them to 2.0.  Otherwise we'll continue to push them around
over, and over again.  What do you think ?

Other thoughts?

On Nov 18, 2006, at 5:15 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Now that branches\1.2 is created, I think we need to add 2.0 in the
> "Fix version" in all the JIRAs marked for 1.2 and 1.x so that they
> will not closed without merging the fix into the trunk.
>
> --vamsi

> All,
>
> We've been talking about moving 1.2 from trunk to a branch while the
> final touches are put on it as well as promoting trunk to 2.0-
> SNAPSHOT and starting the push to Java EE 5.0.
>
> At this point it looks like most of the activity that is underway in
> trunk is complete.  Here is the outstanding issues I'm aware of.
>
> 1. Upgrade all the license headers and copyright notices to conform
> to the new ASF guidelines.
> 2. Need to get some issues with the connectors straightened out.
>
> Also, we're down from 200 JIRAs to 88 and still decreasing :)
>
> When we get these items straightened out I'd like to go ahead and
> make the branch tonight if we're good.
>
> Dain expressed his concerns about drift in the code base and having
> lived through the dead-1.2 branch muck he's spot on.  We need to make
> sure that code doesn't get committed in one place and not another.
> Anyone want to volunteer to be the goat herder?
>
> Any other issues people can think of?
>
> Matt Hogstrom
> matt@hogstrom.org
>
> When the clouds are full they pour the rain out on the earth;
> and whether a tree falls to the north, or it falls to the south,
> wherever the tree falls, there it lies.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

When the clouds are full they pour the rain out on the earth;
and whether a tree falls to the north, or it falls to the south,
wherever the tree falls, there is lies.