geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WARNING] Goal prefix is: car; Maven currently expects it to be car ?
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:01:29 GMT
On 11/19/06, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just spot it and it drew my attention as it's WARNING. I can't figure
> out what it means. Why is that and why is that message level?
>
> [INFO] Building Geronimo Maven2 Plugins :: CAR
> [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
> [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] [clean:clean]
> [INFO] Deleting directory c:\oss\geronimo\maven-plugins\car-maven-plugin\target
> [INFO] Deleting directory
> c:\oss\geronimo\maven-plugins\car-maven-plugin\target\classes
> [INFO] Deleting directory
> c:\oss\geronimo\maven-plugins\car-maven-plugin\target\test-classes
> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:
> checking for updates from codehaus
> [INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-version}]
> [INFO] [plugin:descriptor]
> [WARNING] Goal prefix is: car; Maven currently expects it to be car

This is really because of the requirement from the core of Geronimo
that every be a CAR. So, this was the easiest way to create plugins
that can be easily and quickly deployed into Geronimo by a user. By
deploying all necessary dependencies into Geronimo and exporting a CAR
during the construction of a plugin, all of this overhead won't be
incurred by the user during installation. Also and more importantly,
assuring that the CAR is already prebuilt means that users will be
less exposed to the possibility of errors during the plugin install
process.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/