geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release most 1.4 specs?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:52:55 GMT

On Nov 6, 2006, at 7:53 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> What do yo think of releasing the 1.4 specs (v1.2) included with
> our server?  After a quick inspection of the specs we have in
> trunk, I think they break down as follows.
>
> I'd like to get the stuff in the release category out ASAP and
> maybe an preview release of the stuff in the wait category.
>
> So what do you think?

Now that the specs are reorganized, isn't this the time to have the
specs versioning discussion?

IMO, a single version of specs will be easier for us and users of our
specs. I'll note that this thread already documents an error/typo in
describing the versions of specs to be released.

We've been around the block several times on this issue. Let's get
any discussions finalized and put the issue to a vote. Agreed? I'll
get the discussion started...

--kevan