geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Builders and jpa
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 20:09:49 GMT
I'm working on support for runtime class enhancement for jpa and have
run into a gbean start order issue.

The PersistenceProvider implementation class can install a byte code
transformer that will enhance the classes used in the app for jpa
PersistenceCapable.  This needs to be done before any application
classes are loaded.  I think the gbean that starts the
PersistenceProvider needs to be in the same configuration as the app,
so I think it needs to be arranged that that gbean starts more or
less first.

Dain suggested that we could implement this by giving GBeanData a
priority order and starting them consistent with the priority order.
The dependencies will still override the priority order but this will
provide easier hints about the desired start order.  GBeanInfo can
include a default priority order.  We can eventually let you set the
priority order in a gbean plan.

I've opened GERONIMO-2541 to track this.