geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Release 1.2-beta?
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:41:27 GMT
I think the beta at this time makes sense.  You indicated the "legal
issues" below.  What is still outstanding as I think they need to be
enumerated for people that will be voting.

On Nov 29, 2006, at 10:32 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> First off I'd like to give everyone a hearty "thank you" to
> everyone that has (already) worked on 1.2, so THANK YOU.
>
> Now that we have branched 1.2, I think we should get the code out
> to our users as soon as possible, and I think this means releasing
> an uncertified 1.2-beta.  This will allow us to work our any
> remaining kinks, legal issues and bugs, while the remaining TCK
> work is being completed.  With good luck, we should be able to get
> out a single beta and incorporate the feedback just as the TCK work
> is finished.
>
> So to kick things off, I have just published our regular Wednesday
> snapshot build here:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/unstable/1.2-r480769/
>
> Please, review this with an eye for a Release vote later this
> week.  If you see a problem, let us know.  If you don't see any
> problems, let us know that also.
>
> When no release stopping problems exist, I'll create proposed final
> 1.2-beta assemblies and post them to my home directory for voting
> (hopefully later this week).
>
> Again, thank you,
>
> -dain

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

When the clouds are full they pour the rain out on the earth;
and whether a tree falls to the north, or it falls to the south,
wherever the tree falls, there is lies.