geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone build 1.2?
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:53:17 GMT

On Nov 22, 2006, at 9:28 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I think the answer is "not if you've built 2.0"
>
> I traced through uddi-jetty and even after your transitive-deps fix
> for explicit_versions.properties I'm still seeing a lot of 2.0
> artifacts loaded into the g. kernel.
>
> I think a solution might be to make the car plugin run off a
> "repository view" or "virtual repository" that only lets it see the
> transitive closure of the dependencies mentioned in the car file.
>
> I'll see if I can  get this to work...

I've implemented this locally and now I can build a 1.2-SNAPSHOT
server that doesn't pull in 2.0-SNAPSHOT stuff.  I also stopped
sharing the kernel between invocations of the car-maven-plugin.
Unfortunately I run out of permGen space building configs.  I'll see
if I can reintroduce sharing the kernel and commit this.

thanks
david jencks