geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone build 1.2?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:12:37 GMT
  FWIW, I have successfully built 1.2 by making sure that openejb and
the plugins (car-maven-plugin) in .m2 repo are built using 1.2 jars.
There was no 2.0 version of the plugins and openejb in .m2 repo. All
the configs started except the webconsole (see the trace). I changed
the verson for system-database as follows:
<version>{$geronimoVersion}</version>
   and rebuilt the config. With this the version is resolved to
1.2-SNAPSHOT and not 2.0-SNAPSHOT. The server starts fine now on 1.4
and 1.5. The console is working fine.

thanks
Anita

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2006, at 7:17 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
> > Any more progress on this?
>
> I discovered what I think is a blocker with how we are overloading
> the meaning of maven scope and using it to determine geronimo
> ImportType.  The maven default scope is compile, but we are mapping
> explicitly specified "compile" to   ImportType.CLASSES whereas
> unspecified scope goes to ImportType.ALL.  For me, if I build in the
>
> configs dir, maven is filling in the default scope for me, so all the
>
> car dependencies that are supposed to be parents ("ALL") are coming
> out CLASSES.  If I build in the subdir for the config, it works OK.
>
> I'm trying to map "provided" to CLASSES and "compile" (specified
> explicitly or blank) to "ALL but at the moment it looks like
> dependency resolution of "provided" is not transitive ?!?!  I'm
> having some trouble figuring out why this is.
>
> If you want  to take a look I can open a jira issue and attach a
> patch of where I am so far.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

> > --jason

> fix

> the
> file.

> >> I've implemented this locally and now I can build a 1.2-SNAPSHOT
> >> server that doesn't pull in 2.0-SNAPSHOT stuff.  I also stopped
> >> sharing the kernel between invocations of the car-maven-plugin.
> >> Unfortunately I run out of permGen space building configs.  I'll
> see
> >> if I can reintroduce sharing the kernel and commit this.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> david jencks

> /Users/jason/ws/geronimo/

> org.apache.geronimo.configs/