geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <>
Subject Re: Slow startup time for Jetty Server in 1.2
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:47:55 GMT
Well, just for the record, I don't think the performance was all that
great under 1.1.x either.  Even then the Jetty web console was the one
module that took a noticeably long time to start.  It sounded from
Dain's message earlier like adding some caching for abstract names
might help.

On 11/15/06, Matt Hogstrom <> wrote:
> I'm looking at this problem.   I'm first comparing the older releases
> of Geronimo as well as profiling.  Just a heads up so we don't end up
> having more than one person investing time in this.
> Matt Hogstrom
> "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
> Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day."

View raw message