geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Testsuite ready for action !
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:06:27 GMT

On Nov 21, 2006, at 3:04 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> The ejbcontainer-testsuite is now in testsuite. However, it is
> commented out in the testsuite/pom.xml until OpenEJB2 builds against
> geronimo 2.0-SNAPSHOT and the itest jars get deployed. You can play
> with this by building openejb2 locally.
>
> Issues:
> ----------
> 1) The tests run against the beans in openejb-itests-core jar archive.
> This jar archive contains 3 of the 4 cmp2 plans and DDs that have been
> merged with the core plan and DD. Merging cmp2-prefetch plan and DD
> causes the jar to fail during startup. See
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-305#action_12451474

Maybe Gianny has an idea of what could be going on there.

> 2) The tests fail with the following exception -
> http://rifers.org/paste/show/2409

This looks like a problem with surefire.  These test classes run fine
in the released version of surefire, but looks like something broke
in the snapshot version you're using.  It's trying to call getName()
on instances of junit.framework.Test and that interface does not have
getName().  Seems they've decided to code in the assumption that all
tests are subclasses of the TestCase abstract class.  They need to
unbreak surefire.

If you use the released version it should work.

> P.S: ReuseOpenEJBTest.java is the renamed adaptation of
> SomeoneBrokeSurefireAndThisIsADirtyHackForItTest.java in OpenEJB3.

FYI, you should use org.apache.geronimo as the package name.

> I need someone with an OpenEJB expertise to get this fixed please.

Didn't turn out to be an OpenEJB thing after all, but happy to help!

-David