geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Release most 1.4 specs?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:28:26 GMT
On Nov 7, 2006, at 5:52 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2006, at 7:53 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> What do yo think of releasing the 1.4 specs (v1.2) included with
>> our server?  After a quick inspection of the specs we have in
>> trunk, I think they break down as follows.
>>
>> I'd like to get the stuff in the release category out ASAP and
>> maybe an preview release of the stuff in the wait category.
>>
>> So what do you think?
>
> Now that the specs are reorganized, isn't this the time to have the
> specs versioning discussion?
>
> IMO, a single version of specs will be easier for us and users of
> our specs. I'll note that this thread already documents an error/
> typo in describing the versions of specs to be released.
>
> We've been around the block several times on this issue. Let's get
> any discussions finalized and put the issue to a vote. Agreed? I'll
> get the discussion started...

Are you kidding me?  You want to open this up for discussion again
just as we were going to finally make some progress and hopefully put
this to bed.  The reorganization we just did was to have one version
number per spec.

As you can see, I am totally against changing what we have right now,
one version per spec.

-dain