geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: tomcat v6 integration game plan (longish)
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:41:52 GMT

David Jencks wrote:

> I certainly agree at least one web container should always be  working
> :-).  I think jetty6 is working with new specs.... we just  have to
> rearrange things a little bit, I think Joe is working on that.

Well, I did get things building again in the sandbox (BTW, thanks for
fixing those versions that I missed David).  You can now build the
javaee5 sandbox successfully again.

Jetty6 is mostly functional in the sandbox with some strange
console/security problems (you don't need to sign-on to the console and
you can't really "sign-off" as well as some spurious problems/stack
traces on various console activities).  I'm not sure if we should move
it into trunk now if we want to ensure that we still have one container
working while we do heart surgery on the other (ie. Tomcat).  I also
just agreed to help Paul with some of the web-module-builder which will
probably mean that I move some of the work from the sandbox into trunk
but I was hoping I could do that without moving all of Jetty6 given the
goal to have a working container.

Joe