geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lasantha Ranaweera <lasan...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Geronimo Custom Plugin Class loading Issues
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:17:53 GMT
Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to write a custom GBean for the Geronimo 1.1. Basically I am
> following the Advanced Plugin Sample in the G user documentation. My
> custom plug in pretty much the same as Quartz  plug in in the sample.
> It has a deployer part and manager part.
> In my plugin I want to use xml beans 2.2.0 rather than 2.0.0  which
> comes with Geronimo.  So the class loading issues has to be resolved
> from my geronimo-service.xml of the manager part. How do I resolve
> this issue? Has anybody used xml beans 2.2.0 with their plugin
> components?

> Do I need to write some extra coding in the application manager GBean
> side?
More clarification regarding the this part of the email. Do I need to
write some extra coding in the deployer GBean side to pick up my version
of JAR from it's class path? Is it enough to do it from the
configuration level.  If somebody can point me to a Geronimo coding
level sample it would be greatly appreciated.