geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server startup fails with Sun JDK 1.5, xalan missing
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:40:06 GMT
I just started taking a look at this.  The Xerces level we're using
requires an upgrade to the XML apis we're using.  In order for this to
work, the XML apis jar must be in endorsed.dirs to override the JVM
native one.  On Sun 1.4.2, this works ok because the newer version of
the XML apis is able to locate the xalan transformer implementation
because it's native to the JVM.  On Sun 1.5, they've repackaged the
class, but the version of the apis we're using doesn't know about the
name change, so things fail.

It seems like the best solution for Geronimo is to include Xalan, but
this appears it will require upleveling Xerces and the apis as well.
We've already got a Jira open on that issue too.

Rick