geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject WADI clustering and LGPL
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:56:41 GMT
I was building from trunk this morning and noticed that WADI is pulling
down LGPL jars into the G build:

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Geronimo Clustering WADI
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-version}]
[INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]
[ERROR] No legal files found to copy
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://repository.codehaus.org/mysql/mysql-connector-java/3.1.11-bin/mysql-connector-java-3.1.11-bin.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus
(http://repository.codehaus.org)
Downloading:
http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/3.1.11-bin/mysql-connector-java-3.1.11-bin.pom

I didn't see them in the binary, but they are being downloaded.  I don't
know what the status of this is regarding Apache, but I think we should
either place an exclusion in the pom or ask the WADI folks to flag mysql
as optional in their poms just to be safe.

Jeff