geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lasantha Ranaweera <lasan...@opensource.lk>
Subject License issues in Geronimo 1.0 Samples
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:48:07 GMT
Hi All,

Past few days I have been upgrading JBoss to Apache Geronimo samples
from v1.0 of the documentation to v1.1. As part of the upgrade
procedure, when I was looking at one of the samples I found something
that grabbed my attention in  the existing JBoss to Geronimo sample
applications. Have a look at "JBoss to Geronimo - Security Migration" in
following  url:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC10/JBoss+to+Geronimo+-+Security+Migration

Source code of this sample contains some proprietary license. So we
can't do any editing this sample. Isn't it?

I'm quite new to the open source model, and AFAIK it should come with
ASF license. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Lasantha Ranaweera