geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <>
Subject Re: Java EE 5.0
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:43:43 GMT

I think this would be the right approach.  Having trunk become 2.0
would make a strong statement to the community and our users toward
our drive for JEE 5 certification.  Also it will greatly simplify our
development having a full JEE 5 stream that everyone is focused
working on stabilizing rather then a set of scattered sparse trees as
people are already struggling with building and trying to work on JEE5.

On Nov 8, 2006, at 11:01 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> 4) Change trunk to 2.0-SNAPSHOT and turn it into M1 as it stands.
> No TCK required...incremental move towards Java EE 5.0 (due to
> JPA), greater relevance to our users, and its a win for everyone.
> Personally, I don't think branching is the optimal solution and in
> reality I think its suboptimal.  However, based on the feedback
> from the JUGs, the performance report on the TSS and talking to
> people they are more interested in Java 1.5 and Java EE 5.0 than
> another 1.4 certified release.  This also means that we don't have
> to invest effort in a 1.2 release which is always time consuming.

View raw message