geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database pool portlet needs a big port from 1.1 branch to trunk
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:03:19 GMT
You are welcome Paul.  And thank you for taking care of GERONIMO-2553
promptly.  I have been addressing the JIRA's due to be fixed in 1.1.2 and
1.1.x.  and when I am trying to apply those fixes to trunk, I am finding
that some very basic things are failing in the Admin Console.  Admin Console
needs to be tested because some of the other changes seems to have broken
some portlets.  Though it may not be possible to test everything thoroughly
after applying a fix, a minimum amount of testing should be done before
committing the fix to svn.  In the past two days, I have noticed problems
with SecurityRealm and DatabasePool portlets.  There are still some problems
with SecurityRealm portlet.  Testing the fixes is a long process.  Past two
days, I have noticed that building the server to test a fix is taking 3
times the time spent on the actual fix :o(.  We need some improvement to the
build process.

--vamsi