geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release most 1.4 specs?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:58:01 GMT

On Nov 7, 2006, at 6:53 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I think we need to release the reorganized/repom'd specs... that  
> was the general plan after cleaning them up was to make a release  
> so we have a set of consistent non-SNAPSHOT specs to work off of.
>
> After this re-release, we can debate one version, or whatever.  I'd  
> still like to see one version win out, but I have yet to come up  
> with the smoking gun argument to convince everyone that I'm not on  
> crack.
>
> BUT... for now, we gotta move forward with something.  Its easy  
> enough to change later if we want.

I don't really understand why we can't resolve the versioning issue  
then release. I assume it's a timing issue. What is the current  
SNAPSHOT status of specs gating? I think we can certainly release  
before G 1.2 is ready to go...

IMO, neither solution is going to be perfect. No matter what decision  
we reach, somebody will be able to say "I told you so". I'd prefer we  
go one way or the other and not look back...

--kevan 

Mime
View raw message