geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r480329 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/configs: ./ client/ j2ee-1.4-specs/ j2ee-1.4-specs/src/ j2ee-1.4-specs/src/plan/ j2ee-server/ rmi-naming/
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:20:07 GMT
I think it would be cool to be able to build mixed 1.4/JEE5 assemblies
but I'm not clear on how to make that happen without creating a
proliferation of modules, configs, and assemblies.  So I have been
working under the assumption that trunk is strictly for EE5 and that
any references to J2EE 1.4 artifacts will be upgraded in place.  If I
understand Joe's proposal correctly then he plans to overwrite
geronimo-jetty, geronimo-jetty-builder, etc to use jetty v6 instead of
merging them into trunk as they appear in sandbox, which would be in
line with my initial approach for tomcat v6 as well.  But that seems
to contradict the intent of GERONIMO-2604.  Will trunk continue to
support J2EE 1.4 and if so how will the src tree be organized?

Best wishes,
Paul