geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.2 Fit and Finish
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:55:57 GMT
One of the activities to coordinate when finalizing the release is
updating the 1.2 plugin repository catalog at:
http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-1.2/geronimo-plugins.xml
to point at a repo where the 1.2 artifacts are published instead of
the snapshot repo it currently points at.  For testing purposes it
would be ideal to build Geronimo as version "1.2" (not "1.2rc1" or
"1.2.timestamp" or something like that) and publish the 1.2 artifacts
to a maven2 repo during the release candidate cycle.  That would allow
us to test the plugin system in pretty much the exact state it will be
when 1.2 is released.  Is that feasible?  If not then we may need to
work out an alternate approach where the repository catalog gets
updated after the release goes out and the artifacts get published.
That makes me a little nervous though since it will be too late to
make changes to the server if something doesn't work right.

Best wishes,
Paul