geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Server startup fails with Sun JDK 1.5, xalan missing
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:11:26 GMT
     By setting the following property in geronimo.bat I can start the
server (rev 477198, bytecode 1.4, JDK 1.5) without any exceptions. The
required class is in rt.jar. This property is not set by default.
-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory="com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl"

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?tstart=30&forumID=34&threadID=542044&trange=15

Thanks
Anita

> > > I think we need to package xalan implementation with server build
> via
> > > repository, just like xerces and xmlparser. What do you guys say?
> or I
> > am
> > > missing something here.
> > >
> > > Also notice, Sun JDK 1.4.2 is shipped with Xalan Java 2.4.1, and
> current
> > > version of Xalan available is 2.7, I think we should make Xalan
> > transformet
> > > independent of JDK.
> >
> > Unless I'm missing something, either, I'm happy to include Xalan in
> > Geronimo distro. The less we're dependent on a JVM version, the
> > better.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510k for $1,698/mo.
Calculate new payment! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre