geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject deployer offline mode on 1.2 branch?
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:07:34 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'd like to use the 1.2 deployer's offline mode (and hopefully the
distribute command) but it's not working out-of-the-box at the moment.
Is it supposed to, or is it a non-feature?  I could get it to work by
running it like so:

$ java -Djava.ext.dirs=/tmp/g/repository/stax/stax-api/1.0:/tmp/g/repository/xmlbeans/xbean/2.0.0
-jar /tmp/g/bin/deployer.jar --offline list-modules

... otherwise it can't find org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlObject and
javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamException.  If this is supposed to work then
I'd imagine that we'd want to add these jars to the deployer's jar
manifest classpath.  I can take a look at doing this if someone could
point me to the part of the build process that jars deployer.jar.

Thanks,
Toby