geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setting domain for tomcat MBeans [was Re: Geronimo jmx question]
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 20:28:01 GMT
I am trying to set domain name for tomcat Mbeans to 'geronimo' instead
of 'Geronimo'. This will make tomcat MBeans, have names like
geronimo:............... However as it is apparent from this trace that
tomcat does not like it. The server behaves normally except for this
trace. The problem is the following code at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/container/tags/tc5.5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_15/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector/MapperListener.java
   The TomcatWebAppContext did not have "findMappingObject" and
"findStaticResources"  methods exposed, So I added them. Now I am
getting the attached stack trace during server startup. The console
works fine.
    Does any one know what is going on here?

Thanks
Anita

 private void registerContext(ObjectName objectName)
        throws Exception {

        String name = objectName.getKeyProperty("name");

        // If the domain is the same with ours or the engine
        // name attribute is the same... - then it's ours
        String targetDomain=objectName.getDomain();
        if( ! domain.equals( targetDomain )) {
            try {
                targetDomain = (String) mBeanServer.getAttribute
                    (objectName, "engineName");
            } catch (Exception e) {
                // Ignore
            }
            if( ! domain.equals( targetDomain )) {
                // not ours
                return;
            }
        }

        String hostName = null;
        String contextName = null;
        if (name.startsWith("//")) {
            name = name.substring(2);
        }
        int slash = name.indexOf("/");
        if (slash != -1) {
            hostName = name.substring(0, slash);
            contextName = name.substring(slash);
        } else {
            return;
        }
        // Special case for the root context
        if (contextName.equals("/")) {
            contextName = "";
        }

        if(log.isDebugEnabled())
             log.debug(sm.getString
                  ("mapperListener.registerContext", contextName));

        Object context =
            mBeanServer.invoke(objectName, "findMappingObject", null,
null);    <-----------
            //mBeanServer.getAttribute(objectName, "mappingObject");
        javax.naming.Context resources = (javax.naming.Context)
            mBeanServer.invoke(objectName, "findStaticResources", null,
            //mBeanServer.getAttribute(objectName, "staticResources");
        String[] welcomeFiles = (String[])
            mBeanServer.getAttribute(objectName, "welcomeFiles");

        mapper.addContext(hostName, contextName, context,
                          welcomeFiles, resources);

    }

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/core/StandardContext.html#findMappingObject()