geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Unable to start server 1.2-SNAPSHOT
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:53:06 GMT
On 11/24/06, Krishnakumar B <www.bkk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a build of 1.2-SNAPSHOT successfully. Starting tomcat assembly
> fails with the following error. I am using Sun JDK 1.5
>
> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_09)...
> 11:47:58,106 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in th
> e FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSH
> OT/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/ca
> r"
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unable to deserialize
> GBeanState

It's a wild guess, but did you happen to build Geronimo with Java SE
1.4 and attempt to run it with Java SE 5? Or you built it with Java
1.4, shut it down and run it with Java 5? I have a gut feeling that
switching JVMs between runs might be the reason. But then, it's just a
guess.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski