geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Server startup fails with Sun JDK 1.5, xalan missing
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 06:53:26 GMT
On 11/17/06, Rakesh Midha <midha.rakesh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only thiing I am worried about is the Classloader, I think there will be
> change in classloader loading xerces classes,  if it is done via
> \lib\endorsed. I don't see it as a problem as the classloader is
> hierarchical and to us it won't make any difference. Right?

If I'm correct in my understanding of how classloaders work in JVM,
endorsed directory is loaded by the system class loader or its direct
child. Geronimo builds its classloader infra on top of them so there
should not be an issue with us having Xalan in endorsed dir similarly
to the Yoko jars.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski