geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: important: License issues in Geronimo 1.0 Samples
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:03:23 GMT

On Nov 2, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Lasantha,
> those samples were donated to the project ergo they should only
> display ASF2 license.
>
> This is the text we have in trunk today
>
> <!--
>    Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation
>
>    Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>    you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>    You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
> implied.
>    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>    limitations under the License.
> -->
>
> Could you please remove the unnecessary (old) data and comments and
> add the appropriate lines to each of the files for all the samples
> you are updating.

Lasantha should not be *removing* copyright statements from a source
file. The copyright holder should do that (i.e. someone from ibm). In
this case, it sounds like that has already been done. If that's true,
then Lasantha should just pick up the latest source.

FYI, http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html contains the
current policy regarding source headers/license/copyright info.
Source headers should not contain copyright statements and the
license text has been updated.

Lasantha,
Thanks for identifying this issue.

--kevan