geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: jspc-maven-plugin
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:44:24 GMT
I'd start commenting out items that look like they should be
removed / updated.  Now is the time rather than before we put out a
release :)

On Nov 20, 2006, at 3:52 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> In several of the poms that invoke jspc-maven-plugin I see:
>
>        <!-- Required for JSPC compilation -->
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
>            <artifactId>jasper-runtime</artifactId>
>            <scope>provided</scope>
>        </dependency>
>
> I have a vague recollection about needing this dependency for a
> previous version of the jspc plugin.  Or maybe that was something else
> and I'm getting mixed up. Now we're using version 1.4.6 of the plugin
> and if I remove the dependency then the build still seems to work
> correctly (but I don't totally trust my build env right now :-)   Does
> anyone know for sure why its there and if it's still necessary?
>
> Best wishes,
> Paul

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

When the clouds are full they pour the rain out on the earth;
and whether a tree falls to the north, or it falls to the south,
wherever the tree falls, there is lies.