geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r471798 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk: LICENSE NOTICE
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:56:06 GMT

On Nov 6, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 11/6/06, kevan@apache.org <kevan@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: kevan
>> Date: Mon Nov  6 09:30:43 2006
>> New Revision: 471798

>> Log:
>> GERONIMODEVTOOLS-115 Update LICENSE and NOTICE files with bouncy
>> castle info (required due to inclusion of geronimo-util). Also fix
>> line endings in NOTICE. I also put everything in alphabetical order
>
> Is the eclipse plugin using the bouncy castle stuff directly? What I
> understood from the comment is that although the plugin didn't use the
> stuff directly, including something that used it was enough to force
> LICENSE and NOTICE files to have changed.

The eclipse plugin is using geronimo-util. geronimo-util contains
bouncy castle code (it doesn't just reference bouncy castle. geronimo-
util has some code that has been borrowed from bouncy castle).
Abiding by the terms of the LICENSE and NOTICE in geronimo-util means
appropriate license and notice attribution are needed in the eclipse
plugin...

--kevan