geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat v6 integration game plan (longish)
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:19:40 GMT

On Nov 30, 2006, at 9:39 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

> --- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Thinking about this more I think we should perhaps rename the specs
>> configs "specs" without the j2ee-1.4 stuff in the name and start
>> putting the new specs into it.  I'm also starting to think that
>> keeping jetty5 around in 2.0 will just slow us down even if it isn't
>>
>    Just a fleeting idea.. Could we possibly use the specs-configs
> approach for the new things (JEE 1.5) and use the old way of doing
> things for 1.4 stuff. I know it needs more thought.... We should have
> at least one web container working all the time.

I certainly agree at least one web container should always be
working :-).  I think jetty6 is working with new specs.... we just
have to rearrange things a little bit, I think Joe is working on that.

I don't understand how we could have a hybrid approach in one
branch.  If we left the 1.4 spec jars in the rmi-naming config and
also gave it a parent config of the combined set of new jee5 specs
and unconverted j2ee 1.4 specs I think the copies from the parent
config would always be used.

I suspect I'm not understanding what you are proposing :-)

thanks
david jencks