geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Piyush Agarwal" <pvagar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load driving scripts for Daytrader
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:22:46 GMT
Hi Slava,

I agree with your thoughts. Daytrader as a appserver performance test suite
is incomplete without having a way to drive load to it. I was contemplating
the thought of writing a Java based standalone client to drive it, but
haven't done that because of couple of afterthoughts. First was the time
required to do that, second writing it in such a way that it remains
configurable and extendable to suit different test scenarios.

The option of using an opensource load driver is definitely more appealing.
Its the learning curve reqd to use them and then coming up with the
scripts, but once someone does it for you and gives you a template its easy
to take off with it. I am sure we can use the scripts as-is and if need be
modify/augment it to suit individual testing needs. What kind of scenarios
have you tested with JMeter?

Regards,
Piyush Agarwal